For an updated list of publications please see
Manuscripts that are submitted or in preparation
Temperate and chronic virus competition leads to low lysogen frequency, S. M. Clifton, R. J. Whitaker, and Z. Rapti, (Submitted)
Host controls of within-host disease dynamics, T. Stewart Merril, Z. Rapti and C. E. Caceres.
Symbiosis, Stability, and Persistence, L. DeVille, S. Park and Z. Rapti.
Spatial modeling of COVID-19: Greece and Andalusia as case examples, P.G. Kevrekidis, J. Cuevas-Maraver, Y. Drossinos, Z. Rapti and G. A. Kevrekidis,
Published or accepted articles
- Nonlinearity and Biology, Z. Rapti in Emerging Frontiers
in Nonlinear Science", Springer nature Switzerland AG
- Patch centrality affects metapopulation dynamics in small freshwater ponds, C. J. Holmes, Z. Rapti, J. H. Pantel, K. L. Schulz and C. E. Caceres,
Theoretical Ecology (2020).
- Modeling the control of bacterial infections via antibiotic-induced proviruses,
S. M. Clifton, T. Kim, J. H. Chandrashekhar, G. A. O'Toole, Z. Rapti, and R. J. Whitaker, mSystems 4 e00221-19 (2019).
- Indirect effects in a planktonic disease system, Z. Rapti, T. E. Stewart,
B. Mueller-Brennan, J. H. Kavouras, C. E. Caceres, Theoretical Population Biology 130, 132-142 (2019).
- Applications of a class of Herglotz operator pencils, A. K. Barreiro, J. C. Bronski and Z. Rapti,
SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis 51, 256-275 (2019).
- Stochastic stability and dynamics of a two-dimensional structurally
nonlinear airfoil in turbulent flow, P. Singh, H. C. Yeong, H. Zhang,
Z. Rapti and N.S. Namachchivaya, Meccanica 51, 23665-2688 (2016).
- Effects of intrinsic and extrinsic host mortality on disease spread,
Z. Rapti and C. E. Caceres, Bulletin of Mathematical Biology 78, 235-253 (2016).
- The relationship between gene network structure and expression variation
within populations and over evolutionary time, Karen E. Sears,
Jennifer Maier, Marcelo R. Astroza, Rachel Poe, Sheng Zhong, Kari Kosog,
Richard R. Behringer, Chris J. Cretekos, John J. Rasweiler IV and Zoi Rapti,
(2 BIOMATH undergraduate students are co-authors), PLoS Genetics, August 28,
- Effect of larval competition on the extrinsic incubation period
and vectorial capacity of Aedes albopictus for dengue virus,
Jeffrey J Bara, Zoi Rapti, Carla Caceres, and Ephantus J. Muturi, PLoS One,
May 7 2015.
- Non-holonomic constraints and their impact on discretizations
of Klein-Gordon lattice dynamical models, P. G. Kevrekidis, V. Putkaradze,
and Z. Rapti, Dynamical Systems and Differential Equations, AIMS Proceedings 2015,
Proceedings of the 10th AIMS International Conference (Madrid, Spain), pages 696-704
- Complex Daphnia interactions with parasites and competitors,
C. E. Caceres, G. Davis, S. Duple, S. Hall, A. Koss, P. Lee, Z. Rapti,
(4 BIOMATH undergraduate students are co-authors), Mathematical Biosciences
258, 148-161 (2014).
- Defining the color pattern phenotype underlying mimicry in
bumble bees, Zoi Rapti, M. Duennes, S. A. Cameron, Biological Journal of
the Linnean Society 113, 384-404 (2014).
- Optimal Nudging in Particle Filters (with N. Lingala, N. Perkowski,
H.C. Yeong, N. Sri Namachchivaya), Probabilistic
Engineering Mechanics 37 160-169 (2014).
- Approximate ILM dynamics in DNA models (with V. Putkaradze),
The 2013 International Symposium on Nonlinear Theory and its Applications.
- Multibreather stability in discrete Klein-Gordon equations:
Beyond nearest neighbor interactions, Phys. Lett. A. 377, 1543-1553 (2013).
- Stability of a stochastic two-dimensional non-Hamiltonian system, (with
R. E. Lee DeVille and N. Sri Namachchivaya), SIAM J. Appl. Math. 71, 1458-1475
- Data assimilation in the detection of vortices using lagrangian tracers,
(with Barreiro A., Chikkerur V., Jiang Y., Yeong H. C., Sri Namachchivaya N),
7th ENOC Proceedings, Rome, Italy, July 24-29 2011.
- The transfer integral operator method in the study of DNA unzipping and
bubble formation, (with K. O. Rasmussen and A. R. Bishop), Journal of
Nonlinear Mathematical Physics 18 (2), 381-396 (2011).
- Counting defect modes in periodic eigenvalue problems, (with J. Bronski),
SIAM J. Math. Anal. 43, no. 2, 803–827 (2011).
- Computing DNA duplex instability profiles efficiently with a two-state
model: trends of promoters and binding sites, (with M. R. Kantorovitz,
V. Gelev, and A. Usheva), BMC Bioinformatics 11, 604 (2010).
- Stationary solutions for a modified Peyrard-Bishop DNA model with up to
third-neighbor interactions, Eur. Phys. J. E 32, 209-216 (2010).
- Soliton dynamics in linearly coupled discrete nonlinear Schrodinger
equations (with A. Trombettoni, H. E. Nistazakis, D. J. Frantzeskakis,
P. G. Kevrekidis), Mathematics and Computers in Simulation 80, 814-824 (2009).
- Rabi switch of condensate wave functions in a multicomponent Bose gas
(with H. E. Nistazakis, D. J. Frantzeskakis, P. G. Kevrekidis, P. Sodano,
and A. Trombettoni), Phys. Rev. A 78, 023635 (2008).
- Profiling the thermodynamic softness of adenoviral promoters (with
Chu Hwan Choi, Vladimir Gelev, et. al.), Biophys. J. Vol. 95, 597-608
- Solitary Waves Under the Competition of Linear and Nonlinear
Periodic Potentials (with P.G. Kevrekidis, V.V. Konotop, and C.K.R.T.
Jones), J. Phys. A., 40, 14151-14163 (2007).
- Healing Length and Bubble Formation in DNA (with A. Smerzi, K.O.
Rasmussen, A.R. Bishop,
C.H. Choi and A. Usheva), Phys. Rev. E. Vol. 73, 051902 (2006).
- Lengthscales and Cooperativity in DNA Bubble Formation (with A.
Smerzi, K.O. Rasmussen, A.R. Bishop, C.H. Choi and A. Usheva),
Europhysics Letters, Vol. 74 (2006) 540-546.
- Modulational Instabilities for Nonlinear Schrodinger
Equations With a Periodic Potential (with J. C. Bronski),
Dynamics of PDE, Vol. 2 (2005) 335-355.
- Transient Radiative Behavior of Hamiltonian Systems in Finite Domains
(with M.I. Weinstein and P.G. Kevrekidis),
Physics Letters A, Vol. 345 (2005) 1-9.
- Variational Approach to the Modulational Instability (with A. Smerzi,
P.G. Kevrekidis and A.R. Bishop), Phys. Rev. E 69,017601 (2004).
- Modulational and Parametric Instabilities of the Discrete Nonlinear
Schrodinger Equation (with P.G. Kevrekidis, A. Smerzi and A. R. Bishop),
J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 37, (2004) S257-264.
- On the Modulational Instability of the Nonlinear Schrodinger Equation
with Dissipation (with P.G. Kevrekidis, D.J. Frantzeskakis and B.A. Malomed),
Phys. Scr. Vol. T 113, (2004) 74.
- Modulational Instability in Coupled Disrete Nonlinear Schrodinger
Equations (with A. Trombettoni, P.G. Kevrekidis, D.J. Frantzeskakis,
B.A. Malomed and A. R. Bishop), Physics Letters A Vol. 330, (2004) 95.
- Modulational Instability in Bose-Einstein Condensates under Feshbach
Resonance Management (with G. Theocharis, P.G. Kevrekidis, D.J. Frantzeskakis
and B.A. Malomed), Phys. Scr. Vol. T 107, (2004) 27.
- On the Modulational Stability of Gross-Pittaevskii Type Equations in
1+1 Dimensions (with G. Theocharis, P.G. Kevrekidis, D.J. Frantzeskakis and
V.V. Konotop), Phys. Rev. A 67, 063610 (2003).
- On the Modulational Stability of Gross-Pittaevskii Type Equations in 1+1
Dimensions (with P.G. Kevrekidis and V.V. Konotop), Proceedings of the Third
Conference on Localization and Energy Transfer in
Nonlinear Systems, San Lorenzo de El Escorial Madrid, (2002).
- An Exterior Mixed Boundary Value Problem for the Helmholtz Equation
(with K. Kiriaki), Bull. of the Greek Math. Soc. 45 (2001), 43-55.