Mathematical Thinking - Second edition
This is the home page for Mathematical Thinking: Problem-Solving and
Proofs, by John P. D'Angelo and
Douglas B. West.
Published by Prentice Hall 1997, 2000.
Second edition 412+xx pages, 930 exercises, 180 figures ISBN 0-13-014412-6
First edition 365+xviii pages, 665 exercises, 153 figures, ISBN 0-13-263393-0.
Other resources for teaching courses from this book will be added later
to this page.
- Solution manual - available to instructors only: to get the solution
manual, go to www.prenhall.com, search for this book by title or ISBN, click on
"instructor" on the page for the book, fill out the requested information
identifying you as an instructor, and wait for email with instructions for
accessing the solution manual.
- Comments on pedagogy
- Contents and Preface for second edition
- Sample course announcement (postscript)
- Sample page of advice for students
- Errata for second edition
- Contents and Preface for first edition
- Errata for first edition