- Ana Cannas da Silva, Lectures on Symplectic Geometry, LNM 1764, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2001.
- Dusa McDuff and Dietmar Salamon, Introduction to Symplectic Topology, Oxford graduate texts in mathematics 27, Oxford University Press, 2017. .
- Homework and Expository Paper:
I will assign homework every other week, from the first reference above. Students will also be required to write (in LaTeX) and present a paper. The papers will be due by the last week of classes. Presentations will be in class, during the last week of classes.
All homework sets are from the book by Cannas da Silva:
- Homework set #1: (due Friday, Sep. 6):
- HW1 Problems 7, 8, 9;
- HW2 Problem 2;
- HW3 Problems 1, 2, 3;
- Homework set #2: (due Monday, Sep. 20):
- HW5 Problems 2, 3;
- HW6 Problems 1, 2, 3;
Lecture Notes (Disclaimer: this contains mistakes! Better read the book...)
Sections of the book covered so far: 1.1-1.4; 2.1-2.4; 3.1-3.4; 4.1.-4.3; 5.1, 7.1-7.3, 8.1;
(PDF files can be viewed using Adobe Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded for free from Adobe Systems for all operating systems.)
For important emergency information related to fires, tornados or active threats, please look at the following leaflet and emergency instructions.
Last updated September 13, 2016.