Math 241 Section A: Final the Ultimate
- Friday, December 13 from 1:30–4:30pm.
Location depends on your discussion section. Please note that some
of these are not the same as for the midterms.
Lincoln Main Theater.
Go to Lincoln Main Theater if your discussion section is any of:
114 David Kinley Hall.
Go to 114 DKH if your discussion section is any of:
- AD3: 3pm in 159 Altgeld with Ben Park
- ADA: 8am in 145 Altgeld with Marissa Miller
- ADB: 9am in 243 Altgeld with Marissa Miller
- ADC: 10am in 108 English with Elliot Kaplan
- ADD: 11am in 145 Altgeld with Elliot Kaplan
Go to 141 Wohlers if your discussion section is any of:
- AD2: 9am in 14 Illini with Grace Jaffe
- ADK: 9am in 113 Gregory with Harshit Yadav
- ADL: 10am in 331 Gregory with Harshit Yadav
Go to our regular classroom only if your discussion section is any of:
- ADH: 3pm in 141 Altgeld with Zhixing Guo
- ADI: 4pm in 443 Altgeld with Zhixing Guo
- ADM: 11am in 208 Ag Eng Sci with Qiang Wu
- ADN: 12pm in W115 Turner with Qiang Wu
- AD1: 11am in 173 Altgeld with Kesav Krishnan
- ADE: 12pm in 215B David Kinley Hall with Abhra Kundu
- ADF: 1pm in 222 David Kinley Hall with Abhra Kundu
- ADG: 2pm in 343 Altgeld with Chaeryn Lee
- ADO: 1pm in 343 Altgeld with Chaeryn Lee
- Comprehensive: All of Chapters 12, 14, 15, and 16 as well as Sections 13.1–13.3.
The final will be comprehensive, though there will be some
extra weight on the parts of Chapter 16 that was not covered on
Midterms 2 and 3. Also, given the cumulative nature of this
course, many concepts from earlier chapters are used in
Chapter 16. For instance, finding the equation of the tangent
plane to a parameterized surface requires basics about planes and
cross products (Sections 12.4 and 12.5) and partial
derivatives (Section 14.3). Sometimes, such more elementary
concepts will have their own questions, and sometimes they
will be tested only as components of questions from Chapters 15 and
Here are some past exams, with solutions.
Here are answers to some questions people frequently ask
about the covered material on the Piazza discussion forum:
If you have a conflict with the final exam time, please consult the
university policy on
final exams. Based on that, if you think your
situation qualifies you to take the conflict exam, please
fill out this webform
no later than Monday, December 9. The main conflict exam
will be held Friday, December 13 from 7–10pm.
Tutoring and office hours:
The usual tutoring and office hours continue up to and
including Wednesday, Dec 11. After that, there is:
- Thursday, Dec 12: Office hours noon–2pm, Tutoring room 2–8pm in 141 and 143 Altgeld Hall.
- Friday, Dec 13: Office hour 11-noon.