Math 241 Section A: Midterm the third
- Tuesday, November 19 from 6:45–8:00pm. The exam
itself starts at 7:00, but please be there at 6:45 to
Where: Location depends on your discussion section
- The test is closed book and closed notes.
- No calculators, cell phones, or other electronic
devices. The time will be posted.
Special tutoring, office hour, and class schedule Nov 18–22:
- Office hours: Monday from 2:30–4:00pm, Tuesday
from 8:30–10:30am in 378 Altgeld Hall. No office
hours Thursday or Friday.
- Tutoring Monday from 4-8pm, Tuesday 4-6pm, and Thursday
4-8pm, in 141 Altgeld Hall. No tutoring on Wednesday.
- Class on Monday and Wednesday as usual, but no class on
- Covers Chapter 15 (Section 15.5 was not covered
explicitly but is a subset of Section 16.6) and Sections
16.4, 16.6, and 16.7 through Example 3.
Problems will be similar to those on the HW and discussion
worksheets. Some will be straight computations, others will
be conceptual short answer questions, and others multiple
choice or true/false questions. Taken collectively, the HW
should be viewed as constituting a study guide for this exam.
Here are some old exams, with solutions.
If you have a conflict with the exam time, please consult the
university policy on
evening midterm exams. Based on that, if you think your
situation qualifies you to take the conflict exam, please
fill out this webform
at least one week before the exam date.
The conflict exam will be held Wednesday, November 20 from 7:45–8:55am
in TBA (note that is in the morning, not the evening).