Math 241 Section A: Midterm the second
- Tuesday, October 22 from 6:45–8:00pm. The exam
itself starts at 7:00, but please be there at 6:45 to
Where: Location depends on your discussion section.
- The test is closed book and closed notes.
- No calculators, cell phones, or other
electronic devices. The time will be posted.
Special tutoring, office hour, and class schedule for October 21–25:
- Office hours: Monday from 2:30–4:00pm, Tuesday
from 8:30–10:30am in 378 Altgeld Hall. No office
hours Thursday or Friday.
- Tutoring Monday from 4-8pm, Tuesday 4-6pm, and Thursday
4-8pm, in 141 Altgeld Hall. No tutoring on Wednesday.
- Class on Monday and Friday as usual, but no class on
- Covers Sections 14.6–14.8, 13.1, 13.2 (through Example 4),
13.3 (through Example 2), 13.4 (through Example 2), and 16.1–16.3.
Problems will be similar to those on the HW and discussion
worksheets. Some will be straight computations, others will
be conceptual short answer questions, and others multiple
choice or true/false questions. Taken collectively, the HW
should be viewed as constituting a study guide for this exam.
Here are some old exams, with solutions.
If you have a conflict with the exam time, please consult the
university policy on
evening midterm exams. Based on that, if you think your
situation qualifies you to take the conflict exam, please
fill out this webform
at least one week before the exam
date. The conflict exam will be held Wednesday, October
23 from 7:45–8:55am in 314 Altgeld (note that is in the
morning, not the evening).