From 2017 to 2020, I was a J.L. Doob postdoc in the Math Department of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. My research is in Ramsey theory and probabilistic combinatorics, a large part of both being focused on problems in graph theory. I received my Ph.D. from Carnegie Mellon University in May of 2017. My Ph.D. advisor was Po-Shen Loh.
You may occasionally also see my name written as Mikhail Lavrov. This is still me. Mikhail and I are the same person.
Since I am leaving UIUC, if you want to reliably find me online, go to the URL misha.fish.
Teaching at UIUC:
I have also been teaching at Canada/USA Mathcamp in the summer since 2014.
Papers (as of May 2020)
- J. Balogh, F. Clemen, M. Lavrov, B. Lidický, and F. Pfender. Making Kr+1-free graphs r-partite. Pre-print.
- J. Balogh, A. Kostochka, M. Lavrov, and X. Liu. Long monochromatic paths and cycles in 2-edge-colored graphs with large minimum degree. Pre-print.
- J. Balogh, A. Kostochka, M. Lavrov, and X. Liu. Long monochromatic paths and cycles in 2-edge-colored multipartite graphs. Moscow Journal of Combinatorics and Number Theory, vol 9, no. 1, 55-100, 2020.
- J. Balogh, A. Kostochka, M. Lavrov, and X. Liu. Monochromatic connected matchings in 2-edge-colored multipartite graphs. Pre-print.
- J. Balogh, F. Clemen, E. Heath, and M. Lavrov. Ordered size Ramsey number of paths. Discrete Applied Mathematics, vol. 276, 13-18, 2020.
- J. Balogh, M. Lavrov, G. Shakan, and A. Wagner. Monochromatic Hilbert cubes and arithmetic progressions. Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, vol. 26, no. 2, 2019.
- M. Lavrov, P. Loh, and A. Messegué. Distance-uniform graphs with large diameter. SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics, vol. 33, no. 2, 994–1005, 2019.
- M. Lavrov. An upper bound for the Hales-Jewett number HJ(4,2). SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics, vol. 30, no. 2, 1333-1342, 2016.
- M. Lavrov and P. Loh. Increasing Hamiltonian paths in random edge orderings. Random Structures and Algorithms, vol. 48, no. 3, 588-611, 2016.
- M. Lavrov, M. Lee, and J. Mackey. Improved upper and lower bounds on a geometric Ramsey problem. European Journal of Combinatorics, vol. 42, 135-144, 2014.
- A. Frieze, S. Haber, and M. Lavrov. On the game chromatic number of sparse random graphs. SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics, vol. 27, no. 2, 768-790, 2013.
- M. Lavrov and D. Rutherford. On the S¹ x S² HOMFLY-PT invariant and Legendrian links. Journal of Knot Theory and Its Ramifications, vol. 22, no. 8, 1350040, 2013.
- M. Lavrov and D. Rutherford. Generalized normal rulings and invariants of Legendrian solid torus links. Pacific Journal of Mathematics, vol. 258, no. 2, 393-420, 2012.
Last updated May 15, 2020.
Misha Lavrov <firstname.lastname@example.org>