I am a J.L. Doob postdoc in the Math Department of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. My research is in Ramsey theory and probabilistic combinatorics, a large part of both being focused on problems in graph theory. I received my Ph.D. from Carnegie Mellon University in May of 2017. My Ph.D. advisor was Po-Shen Loh.
You may occasionally also see my name written as Mikhail Lavrov. This is still me. Mikhail and I are the same person.
Office: 241A Illini Hall
Let me know if you are interested in speaking at the Graph Theory and Combinatorics Seminar. (For the abstracts of upcoming talks in this and other math seminars, see the the department calendar.)
- J. Balogh, F. Clemen, E. Heath, and M. Lavrov. Ordered size Ramsey number of paths. Pre-print.
- J. Balogh, M. Lavrov, G. Shakan, and A. Wagner. Monochromatic Hilbert cubes and arithmetic progressions. Pre-print.
- M. Lavrov, P. Loh, and A. Messegué. Distance-uniform graphs with large diameter. Pre-print.
- M. Lavrov. An upper bound for the Hales-Jewett number HJ(4,2). SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics, vol. 30, no. 2, 1333-1342, 2016.
- M. Lavrov and P. Loh. Increasing Hamiltonian paths in random edge orderings. Random Structures and Algorithms, vol. 48, no. 3, 588-611, 2016.
- M. Lavrov, M. Lee, and J. Mackey. Improved upper and lower bounds on a geometric Ramsey problem. European Journal of Combinatorics, vol. 42, 135-144, 2014.
- A. Frieze, S. Haber, and M. Lavrov. On the game chromatic number of sparse random graphs. SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics, vol. 27, no. 2, 768-790, 2013.
- M. Lavrov and D. Rutherford. On the S¹ x S² HOMFLY-PT invariant and Legendrian links. Journal of Knot Theory and Its Ramifications, vol. 22, no. 8, 1350040, 2013.
- M. Lavrov and D. Rutherford. Generalized normal rulings and invariants of Legendrian solid torus links. Pacific Journal of Mathematics, vol. 258, no. 2, 393-420, 2012.
Last updated January 12, 2019.
Misha Lavrov <firstname.lastname@example.org>