Illinois/Missouri Applied Harmonic Analysis Seminar - Check list for each
After the meeting:
- Finalize location, and local host. Tentative plans are:
- Spring 2008: Illinois Wesleyan University (host: Tian-Xiao He)
- Fall 2008: Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville (host:
- Spring 2009: University of Illinois at Urbana--Champaign (hosts:
Minh Do, Richard Laugesen)
- Fall 2009: Saint Louis University (hosts: Bradley Currey,
Brody Johnson, Darrin Speegle)
- Spring 2010: Northern Illinois University, DeKalb (hosts:
Ilya Krishtal, Richard Laugesen)
- Fall 2010: TBA
- Decide on the date - usually a Saturday in April or in September/October.
Check the AMS Mathematics Calendar
to avoid conflicts with other meetings.
- Ask the local host to book a room for the talks, a room for informal
discussions, and a room for refreshments.
- Help the local host develop a website for the meeting, and link to it
from our main IMAHA website.
- Discuss ideas for speakers with the Organizers and the local host.
- Invite speakers, and post the schedule on the website. A typical schedule
- 10:30-11:00 - Coffee and snacks
- 11:00-11:40 - Speaker 1 - Title
- 11:50-12:30 - Speaker 2 - Title
- 12:30-2:00 - Lunch and Informal Discussions
- 2:00-2:40 - Speaker 3 - Title
- 2:50-3:30 - Speaker 4 - Title
- 3:40-4:30 - Speaker 5 - Title
- 4:40-5:20 - Moderator - Open Problem Forum
- Advertize the meeting with the
wavelet.org, and through our own
mailing list, and the UIUC DSP mailing list.
Is there a way to announce the meeting through SIAM or IEEE?
- Make sure the local host and Richard Laugesen agree on how
the local host's expenses will be reimbursed.
- Local host: make arrangements for coffee, snacks, and a boxed lunch
or group lunch.
- Local host: arrange a computer projector and overhead projector for the
- Get titles and short abstracts from the speakers. Post on the website.
- Local host: Arrange a sign-in sheet, and sticky labels for nametags.
Provide some pens and pads of papers, for participants who need them.
- Laugesen: get reimbursement forms and envelopes from Sherri Kiska, and
take them to the meeting.
- Update the participant list online.
- Post a brief account of the open problems online.
- Submit reimbursement requests to Sherri Kiska.
- Submit invoice to IMA for reimbursement.