Math 347 Test 1, Spring 2009
Wednesday 25 February, in class, worth 20%.
No books, notes, written materials, or electronic devices.
Study Session (optional)
Monday 23 February, 6:00-7:30pm in Altgeld 345 and 347.
Chapters 1-4, and Homeworks 1-4 on that material.
Your lecture notes and homework indicate the
emphasis to place on the various topics. Some test questions
will build on the homework. Some questions will be new.
How to study
Start studying TODAY.
- First make summary notes of the important definitions,
theorems, ideas and methods from each section. (This effort helps you
mentally organize the material.)
- Go through your summary notes slowly, at least twice. As you do so, ask
yourself questions about what the definitions and theorems mean, and how
to use them. Write down your questions and your answers - the only way
to get better at writing mathematics is to practice writing mathematics!
- Re-work all homework problems.
- Work through the Practice Test 1
- Work through relevant examples and exercises in the text.