Office: 108 Altgeld Hall
1409 West Green Street
Urbana, IL 61801
A pdf copy of my CV can be found here.
Fall 2018, I will begin a position as a Postdoctoral Research Associate in the University of Arizona Department of Mathematics.
During the 2017-2018 academic year, I am completing my PhD in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign with adviser Pierre Albin. I invite you to learn more about my research, teaching, and outreach endeavours by exploring the tabs in the sidebar to the left.
I've listed my upcoming talks at various conferences below. If you'll also be in attendance, or will be in the area, let me know. I'd love to chat about math!
Mathematics coloring and activity bookClick here for a pdf copy of the Four Color Fest activity and coloring book. This activity booklet was developed for the 40 year anniversary of the proof of the four-color theorem. There is something inside for folks of all ages.
Recent and Upcoming Speaking Engagements:
- On March 24, 2018 I gave the colloquium talk in the department of mathematics at Cal Poly Pomona.
- On January 24, 2018 I spoke in the scattering and spectral theory seminar at the math department of Purdue University.
- On January 23, 2018 I delivered a geometry seminar talk in the math department at the University of Notre Dame.
- On November 14, 2017 I delivered the colloquium in the math department at my alma mater, Wellesley College!
- On August 17, 2017 I gave a talk in the session "Poisson Geometry and Its Applications" at the Pacific Rim Mathematical Association's (PRIMA) third congress in Oaxaca, Mexico .
- On August 1, 2017 I gave a talk at the Field Institute's Conference on Poisson Geometry and Stacks in Toronto, Canada .
- On May 5th, 2017 I a gave a short talk at the Gone Fishing Poisson Geometry Conference, at the University of Notre Dame.
Notices InterviewsI'd like to mention here - for lack of a better place to mention it elsewhere on my site - that in Fall 2016 I was invited to conduct a series of interviews for the Graduate Student Section of the Notices of the American Mathematical Society.
- In the May 2017 issue, you can find my interview with mathematician Reinhard Laubenbacher, director of the Center for Quantitative Medicine at the University of Connecticut Health Center.
- In the June/July 2017 issue, you can find my interview with mathematician Lucas Sabalka of Ocuvera. In the interview, Lucas tells us about his work on a technology-based fall-prevention product for hospitals.
- My interview with Sharon Arroyo of Boeing appears in the January 2018 issue. Sharron tells us about her experiences developing algorithms to solve problems such as aerial refueling tanker scheduling.
- My interview with Kathryn Hess appears in the March 2018 issue. She is an associate professor of mathematics at École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne. Her laboratory focuses on homotopy theory, category theory, algebraic topology, and their applications to neuroscience!
- I co-organized the 13th annual Graduate Student Topology and Geometry Conference held at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign on March 28-29, 2015.