Gerald J. Janusz
Department of Mathematics
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
5181 Doral Ct
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Tel: (734) 944-1120
Ph.D. University of Oregon, 1965.
Retired, May 2004
Area of Specialization
Representation theory of finite groups, algebraic number theory, Brauer
ring theory, algebraic coding theory.
- The Schur group of an algebraic number field, Annals of Math., 103(1976), 253-281.
- Automorphisms of simple algebras and group algebras, Proc. Philadelphia Conference, Dekker Lecture Notes, 37(1976), 381-388.
- Orthogonal groups of some trace forms, J. Pure and Applied Algebra, 29(1983) 297-312.
- Introduction to Modern Algebra, 6th Ed. Harcourt/Academic Press,
Burlington (2001) (text by N. McCoy, revised by G. Janusz)
- Permutation groups generated by a transposition and another element, L'Enseignement Math. 38 (1992),
- Spreadsheets generate reservoir uncertainty distributions, Oil
& Gas Journal, (Mar. 13, 1995), 87--91. (with James Murtha)
- Hereditary Crossed Products, TAMS v.352 (2000) 3381-3410/with J.
- Overlap and Covering Polynomials with Applications to
Designs and Self-dual Codes , SIAM J. on Discrete
Math., v. 13, no.2, (2000)
- Maximal Designs--preprint
- Construction of some self-dual binary codes (2002)
- Parametrization of Self-Dual Codes by Orthogonal Matrices-Preprint 2005