This directory is where we store the architecture independent files that are needed when you are forced to install Macaulay 2 manually.
Starting with release 1.1, except under Macintosh OS X and Microsoft Windows with Cygwin, there are two files that must be downloaded, one containing the files needed just for your architecture, and the other containing the files shared in common by all distributions. The former includes an indication of the architecture in its name, and the latter includes the word "common" in its name and is stored in this directory. An example:
Warning: eventually we may have to subdivide this common area. For example, there may be some systems where the emacs info files are deposited in /usr/info, and some where they are deposited in /usr/share/info. (The latter is where we put them.) We hope we don't run into incompatibilities of that type.
- Macaulay2-1.18-common.deb, 27946754 bytes, May 28, 2021, .sig
- Macaulay2-1.17-common.deb, 24367618 bytes, January 8, 2021, .sig
- Macaulay2-1.17-common.tar.gz, 27563048 bytes, January 9, 2021, .sig
- Macaulay2-1.16-1.common.rpm, 17371494 bytes, July 9, 2020, .sig
- Macaulay2-1.16-common.deb, 23599984 bytes, July 11, 2020, .sig
- Macaulay2-1.16-common.tar.gz, 23769808 bytes, July 10, 2020, .sig
- Macaulay2-1.15-1.common.rpm, 21042484 bytes, April 19, 2020, .sig
- Macaulay2-1.15-common.deb, 22086980 bytes, November 30, 2019, .sig
- Macaulay2-1.9.2-1.common.rpm, 12666072 bytes, August 17, 2016, .sig
- Macaulay2-1.9.2-common.deb, 14496296 bytes, August 17, 2016, .sig
- Macaulay2-1.9.2-common.tar.gz, 14551468 bytes, August 16, 2016, .sig